What we look for in volunteers
We welcome people of all ages who can:
- be empathetic to the needs of young people experiencing homelessness
- have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- maintain safe personal boundaries and confidentiality
- work as a team and support colleagues
- commit to one session a week ideally for a minimum of six months.
The young people we work with need stability and consistency, so we look for volunteers who can make a regular commitment. You don’t need to have experience working with young people.
For more information on what it’s like to volunteer with us, you can read our Volunteer Welcome Pack here.
You can also read our Volunteering Policy here.
Join our Board (Trustees)
We are currently looking for people who can help shape our strategy as we work to ensure young people get the support they need, when they need it.
As a trustee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Contribute actively to the board by giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals, and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
· Represent the organization
· Ensure the financial stability of the organization and proper investment of our funds
· Ensure the board and organization have equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of all decision making.
SMASH is committed to championing and supporting diversity. We’re hoping to establish a board as diverse as the people we serve, and the people that work and volunteer with us.
Whether you are an experienced trustee or wanting to take your first step at board level, we want to hear from you!
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you would make a good fit for the role to: email@example.com
View/download the Trustee recruitment pack – Trustee Recruitment
Or have you got a few hours to spare?
We’re always in need of willing helpers for:
- street collections and fundraising events
- cheering on our runners in the Marathon and other events
- supporting our team in the office
- picking up donations from community groups