It’s Time To Vote Again!
Dear Friends and Supporters. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is VOTE for SMASH in the MCF Community Awards at https://mcf.org.uk/vote and help us to win £25,000 for our Charity. Ask your family, friends and work colleagues to do the same and support this mission and help us on our way to achieving this goal.
Interested in becoming a Volunteer Mentor with SMASH?
We would love to hear from you. First step – complete our application form – Volunteer Application Form June 2017
Next step – we will make contact with you on receipt of your form. Final step – watch this space for our next set of training dates later this year.
It couldn’t be easier!.
Vote Now for SMASH in the MCF Community Awards 2017
Dear Friends and Supporters of SMASH everywhere!
We need your VOTE.
Help us win up to £25,000 by voting in the MCF Community Awards at https://mcf.org.uk/
The Masonic Charitable Foundation is giving away £3 million to 300 charities across England and Wales to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the United Grand Lodge of England. It’s up to the public to decide which charities get the largest grants through an online vote at https://mcf.org.uk/community-awards-vote/
The online voting website opened on the 12th June so please vote for us now at https://mcf.org.uk/vote
It is fantastic news that SMASH has been chosen as one of the nominated charities to receive a grant, and it is the public vote, your vote! that determines how much we receive, ranging from £4,000 to £25,000.
Help us to continue meeting the increasing demands for one to one mentoring support that we offer to those children and young people within the town, who are in most need of our services and support. Spread the message – please encourage your friends, family and work colleagues to vote for SMASH also.
Volunteers Needed Please!
Our next training course for Volunteers starts in July 2017 – will you be part of Team 36?! Apply now – Training dates confirmed as 15th, 18th and 22nd July.
There are young people in Swindon needing your help. If you can spare a couple of hours a week, then volunteer with us and make a real difference to young people who desperately need some light in their lives. Full training and on-going support provided by a very experienced Team. Download an application form here Volunteer Application Form June 2017 or give us a call on 01793 729748 and make a difference.
WE ARE RECRUITING NOW
Memory Makers Case Manager
£22,788 P/A – 28 hours per week
Memory Makers is part of SMASH, one of Swindon’s most respected charities. Now in it’s fourth year Memory Makers works with children from 9 to 12 years old who are having a few problems at school or at home. By matching them with a volunteer Memory Maker, the project gives them new experiences, a safe and supportive adult to spend time with and positive childhood memories to help them build confidence, resilience and hope for the future.
We are now recruiting for a Case Manager to work with the volunteers and children and to take Memory Makers to the next level. The successful candidate will have a relevant qualification and experience of working with vulnerable children and young people. They will also have a can do attitude, a caring nature and a smile to share.
In return we can give good rates of pay, flexible working hours and a chance to help change some lives for the better.
The Memory Makers Case Manager will:
- Provide supervision and support to volunteers working within the Memory Makers Project.
- Work closely with external agencies and partners to provide a broad range of services and activities for Memory Makers children.
- Work alongside the Senior Case Manager and the Project Director to devise and implement ways whereby children can enter and maximise their involvement in and gain positive outcomes from the project.
- When and where possible publicise the project and its progress, as a means of creating greater awareness of SMASH and the Memory Makers project.
- Explore and organise other opportunities such as group and other activities that children involved with the project can access and to consider ways in which the project could be broadened to enable children to gain the best possible outcomes.
- Help to recruit and select volunteers and organise and deliver training volunteers along with the design and creation of training courses, material and other resources.
- Organise both directly and in partnership with other organisations, activities with and for children and volunteers.
- Offer direct support to children where needed.
- Conduct initial assessments of children referred to the project and to plan in order to put into place appropriate interventions.
- Make contact and work with volunteers as required to enable effective communication between parents, referrers and the project office and others as appropriate.
- Liaise effectively with parents/guardians and referral agencies.
- Work with other team members and researchers as necessary to facilitate research programmes around the Memory Makers project.
The nature of the work means that the post holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours and occasionally at the weekend in order to meet the client group’s requirements.
Closing date for applications 9:00am Monday 24th April
Interviews to be held Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd of May
For more information and an application pack
Tel: 01793 729748
One Person Can Change A Life.
Make that person you